Good Evening, Class!

Welcome Students, Parents, Alumni (and the NSA)! I don't just work from 6:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. I'm apt to be thinking about something for class at any time of the day or night. So I decided to start "THS After Hours" as a way of extending our day. If you're new at the blog, the most recent entries are at the top of the page, and they get older and older as you go down the page. Just like archaeology.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

"There Are 137 Different Kinds of Love. . ."

and here are two of them.


I got an e-mail from my VW dealer the other day.  They reminded me that: "Our records indicate that your 240,000-mile service is now due."  (Now, I don't believe there is such a thing, but that's beside the point.)

Then they went on: "We love your 1998 Volkswagen Jetta TDI as much as you do and we are committed to giving you the best service possible."

Okay, do I love my Jetta?  Well, possibly.  I've been driving it for twelve years now.  I know it so well that the brake and the gas pedal are like extensions of my body (kind of like Paul Newman in The Hustler).

Now, does my VW dealer "love my Jetta as much as I do"?  I don't know what their definition of love is, but it's a new one on me.

No comments: